Sunday 28 July 2013

Beauty Box: Introductory beautecobox

I used to subscribe to GlossyBox, TopBox and Loose Button's Luxe Box in Canada, all of which I cancelled a few months before I moved to England. I was looking forward to beauty box shopping when I got here. One of the new boxes I found and thought I'd try out is the beautecobox.


One of the reasons I wanted to try the beautecobox is because you're given a choice in what products you receive. Each box is £10 (plus shipping...I can't remember?) and comes with five products. Every month you choose from a few different boxes in their boutique, all with slight variations on each other. This month, each box came with two full size Neal Wolf products while the three other products varied. I was really pleased with the options and since I'm not into mixing up my skincare I chose the box with two full size make up products from Art Deco. I've yet to try anything out but I'll definitely be doing a review of the Neal Wolf products as I'm always intrigued by new hair products, especially anything that claims to be voluminizing.

There are a few things you should note. Beautecobox appears to be relatively new and as such the company is still in the process of branding (which is also probably why there are so many full size products). So if you're huge into big brands and the convenience of finding and buying all your loved sampled products on boxes' websites, you won't find it here YET.

You should also note that the packaging (which I didn't save) is eco-friendly (i.e. nothing is wrapped up like a present). So if you're huge on the aesthetic value of the packaging you may be disappointed. Also where are the prices?...


Products:
Neal and Wolf Elevate Volumizing Lotion for All Hair Types (Full Size)
Neal and Wolf Harmony Intensive Care Treatment for All Hair Types (Full Size)
Pukka Radiance Serum (10 mL Sample)
Art Deco Eye Shadow Base (Full Size)
Art Deco Soft Kajal Eye Liner in Black (Full Size)

Overall I'm happy with my the box and subscription. While it's no GlossyBox (it's like Christmas every month), it's perfect for me to try out a few new products here and there. Hopefully they'll be successful with their business and add to their brands and presentation because I think there's some potential.

If you want to find out more or subscribe to the beautecobox you can do that here: http://beautecobox.co.uk/.

What's your favourite beauty box? Have you ever received a product in a box that turned out to be a holy grail?

Safe travels.
-K.

No comments:

Post a Comment